How to disable Windows Update - this question is specified by users who need to prevent the installation of the system updates to the computer. When default settings, the operating system independently searches for automatic mode, downloads and installs updates released for Windows.
Microsoft Corporation, with a frequency of about once a month, releases update packages for the Windows operating system. From time to time Microsoft makes unscheduled updates designed to solve emerging problems in the operation of the OS, or closing the detected bars in the Windows security system.
The main part of updates relates to the security of the system. When installing updates, system fixes are applied or some new features are added.
In addition to regular updates, the so-called major updates come out in Windows 10, after the use of which, essentially, a new version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer. Similar major updates come out with periodicity once or twice a year.
Some parts of users disables system updates for various reasons. The main reasons for the failure of Windows updates:
- Sometimes it happens that after installing updates, the staffing of Windows and installed programs is violated.
- If the user has a limited connection on the Internet, download updates affects the size of traffic consumed
- Lack of free space on computer disk
- After applying the update, the user is afraid to lose the activation of the operating system
How to disable automatic update? You can solve the problem using the system of the system, or with a third-party software. In this article, we will look at 3 ways to disable updates to Windows 10 by means of the operating system.
Just disable Windows update the top ten, as in Windows 7 or in Windows 8 will not work. Maximum, what can be done in this way: to suspend updates for up to 35 days.
How to disable Windows 10 automatic update (1 method)
Windows 10 means are detected automatically, download and install updates to a computer.
On Win 10, you can disable updates in the way that the Windows Update Service Center will be disabled. This method works in all versions of Windows 10, it provides a shutdown of Windows updates forever.
Enter the Administration from the control panel, or with the easier method: in the "Search in Windows" field, enter the expression: "Administration" (without quotes), and then open the Administration window.
In the "Administration" window, click two times the right mouse button on the "Service" label.
In the "Services" window that opens, in the "Services (Local) section, find the Windows Update Service.
Next, right-click the Windows Update Center, and select "Properties" in the drop-down context menu.
In the "Properties: Windows Update Center (Local Computer)", in the General tab, change the "Startup Type" setting to the "disabled" value.
In the "Status" setting, click on the Stop button to stop Windows Update 10.
After that, Windows 10 updates will stop coming to the computer.
To enable the automatic update function, in the Properties window: Windows Update Center (Local Computer) »Select a preferred start type:" Automatically (deferred launch) "," automatically ", or" manually ".
How to disable Windows 10 updates using the Local Group Policy Editor (2 methods)
Now let's see how to disable Windows Updates 10 in the Local Group Policy Editor.
Please note that this method is not suitable for Windows 10 Home (Windows 10 home) and Windows 10 Single Language (Windows 10 home for one language). This feature is present in senior versions of the operating system: Windows 10 Pro (Windows 10 Professional) and Windows 10 Enterprise (Windows 10 Corporate).
First you need to log in to the Local Group Policy Editor. In the "Search in Windows" field, enter the expression "gpedit.msc" (without quotes), and then run the editor.
A different way to the local group policy editor can be logged in the following way: press the "WIN" + "R" key, enter the "GPedit.msc" expression in the "Open" field, and then click on the "OK" button.
In the Local Group Policy Editor window, follow the path: "Computer Configuration" => "Administrative Templates" => "Windows components" => "Windows Update Center".
In the Windows Update section, find the "Automatic Update Setup" item, click on it with right mouse button, and in the context menu, select "Change".
In the Automatic Update Setup window, activate the "Disabled" setting, and then click on the "OK" button.
After that, the operating system will not search for, upload and install automatic updates Windows 10.
Disable Windows 10 update in the registry editor (3 methods)
The third way to disable Windows 10 updates is made to the registry editor. This method works in all versions of Windows 10.
In the "Search in Windows" window, enter the "regedit" expression (without quotes), and then execute the command.
In the Registry Editor window, go along the way:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ POLICIES \ Microsoft \ WindowsWindowsUpdate \ AU
In the registry editor window, right-click on a free place. In the context menu, select First "Create", and then "DWORD Parameter (32 bits)". Give the name to the parameter: "Noautoupdate" (without quotes).
Click on the "NoAutoupdate" parameter with the right mouse button, select "Change ..." in the context menu.
Enter the "1" (without quotation) parameter in the "value" field, click on the "OK" button.
To turn on the update in Windows 10, you need to change the parameter value to "0" (without quotes), or simply remove the NoAutoupdate parameter from the registry.
If necessary, the user can disable the automatic update of Windows 10 forever using the operating system tools: by turning off the Windows Update Center, in the Local Group Policy Editor, or in the Registry Editor.
Do not know how to disable Windows 10 update? What can be easier?! We go to the control panel, open ... so, stop. In the top ten, everything is not like in Windows 7. The update center disappeared from the usual place. Is it no longer available?
In order not to turn you out with the expectation, will reply immediately: the tools for managing updates of the system in Windows 10 have been preserved, but their capabilities are no longer the ones that were in seven. Full facilities of Windows do not allow to turn off auto renewal times and forever. However, this does not mean that they will be installed against your will. A couple of extra clicks - and everything as you wanted.
Temporary disabling system
Setting up Windows 10 updates is in the options "Parameters" application, which replaces the usual control panel and hides in the "Start" menu behind the gear icon.
After clicking on the gear and opening of "parameters":
- Scroll down the application window and click the last "Update and Security" element.
- In the right half of the window, click "Windows Update".
To freeze the scan and download updates for a week, select the "Suspend update to 7 days" item. The setting will enlarge immediately, but exactly 7 days later the system will continue to be updated without any notifications.
Another method is hidden in the "Advanced Parameters" section. To suspend updates for up to 35 days, find the subsection subsection and select from the list "Suspend to" the date of the recovery date.
However, if you want to extend the suspension even at least a day, you first have to install all the updates that have accumulated for the pause period.
Permanent disabling by means of the system
Although Windows 10 is deprived of the full shutdown feature of autoappodes, as it was in Windows 7, but something that allows to achieve the same result, it has been preserved in it. This is the ability to stop the service of the update center and the ban on their installation through the Group Policy Editor. Unfortunately, the last is available only in professional (Pro) and corporate (enterprise) editors of dozens, but users of home versions can make the necessary edits right into the registry.
Stop service center service
To disable Windows Update (update center), you will need administrator rights and task dispatcher.
- Run the task manager and go to the "Services" tab.
- Scroll through the list that is in this window, down and check the status of the Wuauserv service. If it is executed, it means that updates are turned on and running. If not, the update center is turned off.
- Click the Open Service link at the bottom of the task manager window.
- Find in the Windows Update Center or Windows Update and open its properties in the list of services.
- Click the Stop button in the Stop field, then select "Disabled" from the Launch Type list.
To cancel the setting and restore the operation of the update center, set the "Automatic" start type in its "properties" and click "Run".
Creating a Group Policy Prohibition of Updates
To run the Windows Group Policy Editor 10 it is convenient to use a system search or utility "Run". Enter the command "gpedit.msc" (without quotes) to the query string and press Enter.
If the system has given more than one search result, click the element shown in the screenshot below:
- While in the GPedit editor, log in to the "Computer Configuration" section, then "Administrative Templates" and "Windows Update". In the left side of the window, find the "Automatic Update Setup". By default, its policy is not specified.
- To change the selected policy, click on it 2 times with the mouse. In the window that opens next, check "disabled" and save the setting by pressing OK.
The policy will come into effect after restarting the computer.
To create an update ban policy in Windows 10 of the home editor, run the registry editor. Use the same tools for this as to start the GPedit, entering the "Regedit" command in the query field.
- Open in the registry editor section HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ POLICIES \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate \ AU
- If the "AU" partition in your system is not, create it yourself: Right-click on the WindowsUpdate folder, then select "Create" and "Section" in the menu.
- Assign the name "AU" to the new section, as shown in the screenshot, and log in to it.
- Click on the empty field of the right mouse window and in the same way, create an "DWORD parameter (32 bits)" element.
- Name the new parameter "NoAutoupdate". Then double-click on it and in the "value" field of the opened window, enter the unit. Save the setup by pressing OK.
The blocking will also come into effect after restarting the PC or laptop.
To simplify work with the system registry, you can create a text reg-file. Click on this file will make changes to the registry without launching the editor.
To create a reg-file, open the Notepad application or analog it and copy the following lines there:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ POLICIES \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate \ AU]
"Noautoupdate" = DWORD: 00000001
Then run from the notepad menu command "Save As". In the File Name field, enter any word and read the "REG" extension. For example, "noautoupdate.reg".
The correctly saved reg-file looks like this:
Changes made to the registry with similar files are also started to act after reboot.
To cancel the policy and restore the update center, it is enough to start the registry editor and remove the NoAutoupdate parameter. Using a REG file, this can be done like this:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ POLICIES \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate \ AU]
"Noautoupdate" = -
And do not forget to restart the computer.
Disconnection using third-party programs
It is not all likely to mess around with the registry, but for inexperienced users, it is also a risk to damage the system, so the network developer-enthusiast applications appeared on the network, which allow you to get the desired faster, easier and safer. Below are the best of them.
Windows Update Minitool is a Russian-speaking free utility for managing Windows updates. In addition to shutting down the update center, it makes it possible:
- Select the way to check and install them - automatically, on schedule, only notifications, only download, etc.
- Customize check schedule.
- View, hide and delete installed updates.
- Copy update files to other folders and much more.
To prohibit spontaneous download and installing updates, run Windows Update MiniTool with administrator rights (utility works without installation) and select "Disabled" from the "Automatic Updates" list.
Windows Update Blocker
Windows Update Blocker is another free and very simple program designed to solve the only task - to enable and disable Windows autoapp subsida. And also view and change the status of the update center and related services.
To block the installation of updates using Windows Update Blocker, run on behalf of the admin by the downloaded file wub.exe (Installation is also not required), check the item shown in the screenshot and click "Apply". One click - and everything is ready. With the return of the initial setup of difficulties, it will not arise.
7 ways to forever disable Windows 10 updates
I think many have come across forced Windows 10 updates, but all attempts to disable updates were vain. This happens because of a multi-level update in Windows 10 and each service interacts with each other and forcibly activates the service that you have turned off.
For example, if you have disabled updates in the Windows 10 update center, then the automatic driver loading service, at the time of updating, re-activates the update center and vice versa. Also occurs with the rest of the services that perform the activation function and complement each other in this work.
It is recommended to read the entire article and perform all the steps, in this case, you will be 100% permanently getting rid of the forced update of Windows 10 and will not constantly fly programs and drivers due to updates.
Options and content of the article:
I think everyone knows that in all versions of Windows, it was possible to configure the update center and the ability to turn off the download and installation of updates, or to set automatically or choose themselves when installing certain updates.
It was possible to completely disable updates. This gave us the ability to control which updates to install, and which are not. And it also allows you to reduce Internet traffic, if the network was slow by someone.
Unfortunately, with Windows 10, everything will not be easily easily and the possibility of choosing variations in the installation of updates is simply no, but if there is, only in the versions of Windows 10 Pro. And then, from forced installations can be delivered only for a short time.
If we speak in the usual language, the new version of Windows 10 starts uploading and installing updates without notifications for the user.
In fact, all these forced updates are often becoming a huge problem for the owner. Follow programs, drivers, the internal devices of the computer stop working and so on. And it happens that at all is not loaded.
It is time to proceed to the ability to disable all Windows 10 updates forever. There are only 7 ways that will have to be done manually.
Option 1: Editing the update center using other parameters (not suitable for HOME version owners)
In this method, it will be described how to postpone the auto installation of updates for a short time (must be done, in order to avoid problems in the future). Also get rid of the preliminary reboot.
But to disable updates in this way will not work forever, it is just a preparation for the main ways to disable updates. Also, this method will break the chain that runs other services for the forced update.
1. Use the function "Options" and click on the category Update and Security \ Windows Update Center.
2. Next go to "Restart Options"
3. First you need to click "Get more notifications." With this item, we will turn off the automatic reboot of the computer if Windows 10 has already downloaded and installed updates. And also turn off the slider in "Schedule time"
4. Call back and go to "Extra options".
5. And now it is necessary to turn off the function "When upgrading Windows, provide updates for other Microsoft products." 6. And activate the slider "To postpone receiving component updates" - This is necessary in order to disable the download of updates for several months.
7. And now you need to go to "Select how and when to receive updates" And turn off the slider "Update from several places" - It will prevent the load on the network, as it uses the torrent session.
Option 2: Turn off the automatic update of the drivers of internal or external devices.
The updated Windows 10 system still allows you to get rid of automatic updating of device drivers than we use.
1. Using a combination of keys Win + R. Call the functions window. 2. In this window, you must enter a function. Rundll32 newdev.dll, DeviceInTernetSettingUI and press OK . The window will then appear
"Device installation options" 3. In this window you need to choose "No, provide the choice of choice" And if available, choose
"Never install drivers from Windows Update." 4. Click
After all these manipulations, Windows will search and install drivers only from a local device or CD. The update center will appeal, in case the required driver is not found on the hard disk.
Option 3: Disable updates using the appal utility show or hide updates
For a long time before the official release of Windows 10, Microsoft has posted in free access to download the utility that allows you to disable unnecessary updates for certain drivers or components of the system. 1. To start, download the utility from the official website. .
here 2. Open the utility and click "Further"
In order that the system has scanned. 3. Click on "Hide Updates" And from the list of all components, select what you want, so as not to be updated at all. Then again
"Further". 3. Click on 4. In case the need to be needed to return to its original state, do all the same steps instead of Press
"Show Hidden Updates"
Option 4: Setting up a Wi-Fi loading limit
This method implies to bypass the automatic update of Windows 10 and prohibit download updates. In order to implement this, you just need to set a limit value for Wi-Fi. "Options" 1. Go again in and go to category
"Network and Internet" 2. Go to "Wi-Fi" And click on
"Management of well-known networks". 3. Click on "Management of famous networks"
And go to the properties of your Wi-Fi network. 4. Then turn on the option
"Set as a limit connection"
In this way, everything, now Windows will not automatically be updated until the Internet connection is in the limit value.
Option 5: Setting up policy and registry groups
In Windows 10, the function of selecting between downloading and updates for the system, but edit policy groups, and edit the registry is still preserved.
We warn that the editing of policy groups is impossible for those who have Win 10 HOME version! But, in the event that Windows version is installed on a computer, you have different features, and this is notifying the download of updates, configure the automatic update or set up the download and update on the schedule.
There is one problem. For some reason, the update management center has changed in Window and all changes made to the Group Policy Settings or Registry may not be applied. If you guys a computer, or execute the "GPUPDATE / FORCE" function, most likely there will be no changes in Windows Update. Open the update settings and you will notice that the slider will still be set "automatically (recommended)"
In which case group policy will still be activated? Just need to click on checking availability in the update center. Only when you press the availability of updates will be activated all changes. Now you can again go to "Windows Update"
And make sure that all changes were applied. Now it is necessary to make adjustments to
"Group Policy Editor." Win + R. 1. Combination of keys Write a feature gpedit.msc. And click on OK. . 2. It will be necessary to go to the following categories: Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Windows Update Center
3. On the right tab, click on "Setting an automatic update". 4. In this tab, activate this option and click on the button. "Options" "Inclusive"
and in the window Make a choice that suits your situation. If you note the option
5 Allow the local administrator to select Parameters
This will be selected in the update center parameters with optional settings. Win + R. In the event that it has been necessary to disable the updates "Hard", you will have to edit the registry. 1. Call the query execution window and write a function regedit. , then click OK. 2. Next, we need to go through the sections: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ POLICIES \ Microsoft \ Windows 3. You need to create a section in this tab and call it.
"WindowsUpdate" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ POLICIES \ Microsoft \ Windows Strictly in the Windows tab. 4. Add a new partition to the folder with title HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ POLICIES \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate \ AU
AU. 4. Add a new partition to the folder In order for our link to have this kind: 5. Now go to the new subsection and add another parameter DWord. And name it Noautoupdate.
In the values, specify the value one. 6. Next, you can close the registry and go to the center of the update and clap on "Check availability" In order to make sure that the updates do not occur. In order to return everything to its original state, it is enough to remove from the section Noautoupdate.
or make it value
Option 6: Full Windows Update Service Deactivation Win + R. Another excellent option that will definitely block the update. 1. Keyboard shortcut And write the function And click on Services.msc.
, then . A service toolkit Windows opens.
2. At the bottom, select Windows Update Center.
3. Click two times and the window will appear for change. Startup type must be set
For this option, this is the end. If you want to check updates, an error will appear.
Option 7: Other utilities
The Windows Update Blocker utility is an ordinary program that will give the opportunity to cut down all Windows updates 10 times and forever, a control shots, so anywhere else has gotten anything else. This program does not require installation and easy to use.
In order to disable updates, you must select the "Disable Service" value, then "Apply NOW". The utility can work on other versions of Windows.
Another Utility Windows 10 Update Disabler - This utility is introduced in Window 10 functionality in the form of a service that manufactures in the background mode and does not allow the update center to make your settings and download updates.
Keep in mind this utility may be incompatible with antivirus! Or at all it is to calculate the virus and remove it.
According to developers, their utility acts on the role of a block for the Windows Update Center and blocks an attempt to perform any processes, there is an update check, download updates, installing updates, an attempt to activate other auxiliary services.
Finally, I would like to say that we will not leave the download link, in view of the fact that the official website is not available for downloading the program. And look for third-party resources on your risk and fear.
In order to block upgrades using this utility, you must remove the updaterdisabler.exe file from the archive to another any folder, then you need to go to the menu and chem "file", then run the command line from the administrator. For those who do not know, you must right-click on the console and select the Opening Opening option on the name of the administrator.
Further, we prescribe the function Updaterdisabler -install on the command line and click Enter. Now the service is activated and installed. Updates will no longer get you.
Windows 10, like any other software version, in the standard mode checks the availability of updates on the Internet, immediately after installation, without making user edits to the settings. It happens that the operation for downloading new files happens not in time or is not at all interested in the user, and therefore the need to disable auto-update is relevant. In this material, we will talk about several ways that will allow you to completely disable this feature using built-in software capabilities or through third-party programs.
With the release of the most recent versions of Windows 10, the developers removed a number of features that we used to use to solve this problem. Now the "update center" can be included even after you have completed manipulations with the prohibition of this action. Nevertheless, we were able to find for you the most effective and actual techniques that will allow you to take control of the functionality on auto-update.
Why turn off the update in Windows 10?
Answer this question is quite simple - none of us loves when any utility or software solves yourself when updated. Moreover, sometimes automatically downloading the most recent files, we face a number of errors and bugs due to the fact that the update was not carefully tested, and there is a large number of holes and vulnerabilities.
As a rule, experienced users themselves decide when the system is worth updating. This happens after a certain time when the developers have made certain edits in a fresh version of software, they added the necessary functionality and made it as convenient for use as possible. Other materials on the topic: how to update Windows 10.
There is a certain number of people who prefer to use the old version of the Windows operating system, in which they are all arranged, and therefore the update such users are disabled at all. We decided to make this material in order to help you choose the optimal method for this.
How to disable Windows 10 updates?
- 1. Turning off Shedule Scan
- SHEDULE SCAN is a separate functional on Windows 10, which runs on the machine and is responsible for installing the updates found on the network. Its shutdown will prohibit the search and installation of files by creating a ban on reading a USOClient.exe program.
- To disable Shedule Scan, follow these steps: Located under the administrator rights:
- Run the command line through the search on the taskbar (when the search results there are "Command Line", we click on it with the right mouse button and select the "Run from the administrator" item).
- Next, drive the TAKEOWN / F C command: \ Windows \ System32 \ usoclient.exe / a and press ENTER.
Go to the C: \ Windows \ System32 folder, we find a file called usoclient.exe, go to its properties (press the right mouse button and select "Properties").
Go to the "Security" tab and click "Change".
In the "Permissions for Group" column, we remove all ticks. Click "OK" and restart the computer.
If you are all done correctly, after rebooting the "Update Center" will no longer execute the search and installing files without your knowledge. But you will be able to update the system at your request, going on the following paths: "Parameters" - "Update and Security" - "Windows Update".
To return the usoclient.exe file, the initial function, in the command prompt, write the ICAcls C: \ Windows \ System32 \ usoclient.exe / reset operation. True, return rights to "permissions for groups" will have to manually enter the path described above in the "Properties" usoclient.exe.
2. Disable the update center forever
- As a rule, in new versions of Windows 10, the "update center" can be turned on even when you spent all the necessary manipulations by changing settings. By the usual means to prohibit the system to perform this operation will not work, and therefore it is recommended to use a third-party program called UpdatedSaBler.
- At the moment, Updatedisabler is hardly the only way to disable auto-update (in addition to DWS and other utilities). This program is simple in development, and its inclusion does not contribute to any critical changes to the system operation, allowing you to solve an exclusively problem with automatic update.
When you turn on the updatedisabler in real time, tracks the status of the "update center" and supports the ban on the search for files on the network. You can use this software according to the instructions described below:
Download the program from a reliable source and unpack the files into a separate hard disk space (it is best to create a separate directory for this software).
We go to the command line and enter the phrase C: \ Windows \ Updaterdisabler \ updaterdisabler.exe -install (here is the path to the file that you can have another).
After the installation process of the update center is completed, it will not be able to search and download update files. Also, this operation will not be able to be performed manually. To perform a manual search, we write the same phrase that above, only instead of -install must be specified -Remove.
3. Change startup parameters in the update center
Recently, after making changes to the parameters of the "update center" updates, after a while they still started downloading. This happened to users who use the version of Windows 10 above 1709. To solve the auto-native problem and deny the installer to turn on again, after the update prohibition, it will be necessary to perform a few more steps. To solve the problem with automatic update, perform the following actions.
We press Win + R, enter the Services.msc command in the "Run" window and go to the "Services" window. We find the Windows Update Center, click on it twice.
Select "Stop", and in the "Startup Type" field, select the value "disabled" and click "OK".
Go to the "Login to System" tab, put the note "with the account" and go to the "Review". In the window that opens, click on "Optional", then we go to the "search" and select the user without the right (for example, guest).
- In a new window, we remove the password and turn off the password check function for the guest.
- 4. Disable updates using group policies.
This method will make it easy to disable the system updates in the Local Group Policy Editor, if you have a computer with a version of Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise. We carry out the following actions:
We press the Win + R keys combination and drive the gpedit.msc command in the row.
We pass along the "Computer Configuration" path - "Administrative Templates" - "Windows components" - "Windows Update". Twice click on the "Setup Automatic Update" item.
In the point on the left, select "Disabled".
When everything is done, go to the system parameters and execute manual search for system updates. Without this event, the change will not take effect. In this case, the operation is not always performed from the first time. Try multiple attempts until the search is performed correctly (your system will definitely find several updates files, but in automatic search mode will not be executed).
5. Installing the limit network connection
Immediately it is necessary to clarify that this technique will allow only partially disable the search for updates. Some important files your system will still download automatic mode, but the amount and frequency of the downloadable data will be significantly reduced.
To use a limit connection, go to "Options" - "Network and Internet" - "Wi-Fi" and go to "Advanced Options". Next to the "Set as a limit connection" item, click on the switch, after which the software will relate to your connection, like a network connection with payment for downloaded traffic.
- 6. Disable any specific network updates.
- Not every update of Windows 10 leads to violations in the system. Most often, specific files that make edits into the system, and entail the main loop of unpleasant consequences. To disable them automatically download, you can prohibit software to install some categories of files.
- This task will solve the utility called Hide Updates, which is the official Microsoft product. It can be downloaded from the official website of the company, after which the following steps:
After downloading the program, we launch it and select the "Hide Updates" item.
From the list presented, select the file category for which the download is established.
When put all the checkboxes, click "Next" and wait for the operation.
- If you want to return the ability to download previously prohibited updates, then start the program again and select "Show Hidden Updates". From the list, select those categories of files that you want to open access to download.
- 7. Disable updates using the registry editor Actual way to operating system Windows 10.
- Press Win + R and enter the REGEDIT in the string. Click OK. Similarly, Regedit can be found through the system search on the control panel. DWord.
- In the registry editor we go along the way
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ POLICIES \ Microsoft \ WindowsWindowsUpdate \ AU.
In an empty place with the right mouse button, select "Create" in the context window - "DWORD parameter (32 bits) and give it a name
When the parameter is created, click on it right and select "Change".
In the "Value" field, we enter the number 1 and click OK. Close editor.
- Updates will be completely disabled. To return them to download them, you should change the value of the parameter to 0.
- 9. Programs to disable Windows 10 updates
- So, we now move on to the listing utilities that allow you to partially or fully solve the task of prohibiting and restrict the download of software updates. The list of this software can include:
- UpdatedisABler - the program we wrote about above;
Win Updates Disabler is a similar utility that you want to run with administrator rights (by the way, this software allows you to disable not only the automatic update, but also a firewall with a Windows defender);
Windows Update Blocker is a paid analogue of the previous software (it works stably and properly, contains a number of useful functions);
Winaero Tweaker is a complimentary software designed to ban updates in earlier releases of Windows 10.
You can independently decide which software is best to use. The main thing is to download programs only from official sites in order to secure your system from viruses.
Users need to know how to independently disable updates (or part of packages) Windows 10 for a while or forever. If the computer works without failures, it is better not to change anything in its configuration. Updates, although are designed to support PCs up to date and protect the system from modern threats, however, a number of problems can bring. True, malicious programs carry no less risk than Windows Update flaws.
What is it for
- For each Win 10 product update available. Any user can update the OS Operation on its laptop. The activation of the update is characterized by simplicity and understanding and runs in the "default" mode, that is, forced.
- However, the user can configure the system to receive absolutely all auto updates or, receiving notifications about new services and software, independently install the desired package.
- Activation of updates is recommended for:
- elimination of vulnerabilities in the PC;
- Support and enhance security Microsoft Office, Windows, Internet Explorer;
- Improving the built-in Microsoft Security Essentials Anti-Virus;
- obtaining new unwanted mail filters for the internal Microsoft Outlook service;
- improvement of problems performing troubleshooting;
- adoption of the new version of the MSRT (means for removing malicious programs);
- obtaining windows compatible with Windows that improves the work of the PC;
support for any modern equipment;
Fixing errors and increase PC performance;
Add new features.
Microsoft recommends that users activate, rather, do not disable the default automatic reception of packages with new products via the Internet. In this case, Windows and Microsoft Update independently, during a certain time segment, drivers, anti-virus and protective bases of a particular PC will be updated. If desired, each user, receiving the next notification of updates of software, can decide which of the proposed packages to install on their own computer. He only needs to activate not automatic, but selective loading.
Why not forbid updating
It is desirable to resolve the support center in autorem to install on the PC of the noveltype of software. In this case, Microsoft and Windows Update will help support the system and all drivers in a workable and actual state. The latest malware will be removed in autorem. In addition, new versions of Windows take into account the experience of previous OS, therefore are equipped with software and services that help prevent viral attacks. Auto update improves the system, translates PC to a safer platform. Every time renewed, the device works faster and better, that is, without failures, errors and "glitches".
Important! However, on different computers updates will show themselves in different ways. Their functionality depends on the PC capabilities (hardware configuration). Updates carry a potential threat. After all, there is a possibility of their inconsistencies with the system configuration. Sometimes after the installation of auto updates, the PC may not boot. It is advisable to protect your computer, after creating a recovery point.
Deactivation of auto update
- When installing any WINDOVS 10, users receive a default receiving auto-update mode. Disable search, download, Microsoft installation and Windows Update will be possible in several ways. Deactivation of sent new products of software is recommended if the computer works without failures. Installation of innovations may (in rare cases) cause PC malfunctions.
- Through the service shutdown
- How to make Win 10 not updated:
- Call the "Run" window;
- Write in it: Services.msc;
- A window appears under the name "Service" and the list;
- Find "Windows Update" or "Center ...";
- Activate the found line (to cancel the reception of new products);
The "Properties: Center ..." window appears;
In the General tab, find the "Type of Start" and activate "Disabled";
- Click on "Stop" in the "Status" section, then on "OK" and "Apply."
- Via Power Shell
- How to block receipt of automatic updates using "Power Shell":
- run the "Power Shell" console on administrator rights;
Write: Get-WULIST (to remove the entire list of waiting for installation of software updates to the entire list);
Write: Hide-Wuupdate and specify the name, no) or type;
- Hide selected from the List of innovations.
- Through group policies
- How to fully block the appointment of software updates on the computer:
- find the service "Perform";
- Print symbols: gpedit.msc;
- activate the "editor ...";
- Alternately through the "configuration ...", then "administrative ...", "components ..." go to the "Center ...";
Click once on subparagraph "Setup automatic ...";
In the pop-up "Setup ..." to mark the point "Disabled";
At the end "Apply."
- Important! The proposed version of the deactivation of the reception of Windows new products is suitable exclusively for Pro, Education and Enterprise.
- Through the registry
- How to prohibit receiving auto updates:
- independently start the "editor ..." (print "regedit" characters in the search line of the "Run" service);
- walk: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ POLICIES \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate \ AU;
- Once in the "AU", right-click once click on the empty section;
- pop up the line "Create";
- Click on the line;
- A pop-up window will appear and the list of actions;
- activate the "DWORD parameter (32 bits)";
- The window "Changing the parameter ..." appears;
- come up with the name (for example, Noupdate);
In the line "Value" Write a figure 1;
Mark "hexadecimal" (system);
Press once on "OK" to block the reception of Windows new products.
- Important! The proposed option is suitable exclusively for HOME. The proposal is not applied to the wine 10 Pro and for the Enterprise product.
- Through the limit connection setting
- How to independently turn off the reception of Windows new products (using a wireless connection):
through the "Parameters" go to the "Wireless Network";
find "Additional parameters";
- When installing any WINDOVS 10, users receive a default receiving auto-update mode. Disable search, download, Microsoft installation and Windows Update will be possible in several ways. Deactivation of sent new products of software is recommended if the computer works without failures. Installation of innovations may (in rare cases) cause PC malfunctions.
- In the "Limit Connection" window, click on "Enable" (to activate the option "Connection with limit tariff plan").
- Important! To block the reception of auto updates, you can use a limit connection, so "default" new items are not downloaded in this mode. True, such network settings will not fully block all Windows Updates. Some will download, to abandon them will not succeed.
- How to deactivate innovations (edited by wired communication):
Touch at the very end: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ NetworkList \ DefaultMediacost;
An element called "Ethernet" set the number 2, that is, change the status to "limited";
- Pre-section "DefaultMediaCost" change "permissions" to administrator.
- Disabling certain versions through a third-party program
- How to independently stop receiving auto updates through O & O Shutup10:
- Download utility (www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10);
- launch the service on your PC;
- find the section "Management of Updates";
Activate the "download ..." lines and "disable automatic ...";
- confirm the changes (through "yes");
- Perform a reboot of the computer.
- Disconnection method through the WU10MAN utility:
Open the Windows Services tab;
Disable Options: "Center ...", "Module Installer ...", "Center Service ...";
- As a result of blocking the reception of the new software in the "Parameters" of the PC in subparagraph "Center ..." will notify an error.
- Through Win Updates Disabler
- Full disabling innovation across the console tool Updates Disabler:
- Upload the tool to your PC;
run the command console on administrator rights;
Enter the command containing the path to the downloaded utility (for example, C: \ Windows \ UpdatesDisable \ updatesdisabler.exe-Install);
The service will start, turn off the receipt of new products.
- Important! This utility monitors new products from the center and automatically blocks their reception. The status of a service-running service can be monitored in the System Service list (Service window). True, at any time the user can uninstall the tool (through the console and "remove"), or rather, remove the utility.
- Through Windows Update Blocker
- The abolition of automatic innovation downloads for Windows 10:
- Run on your PC downloaded Utility "Windows Update Blocker";
In "Settings ..." find "Disable updates";
Talk (point) "Protect service parameters";
Run the device to restart.
- Important! This easy-to-use tool provides users with the ability to prohibit download of updates from Win 10. The utility does not allow the service to be disabled automatically turn on, that is, protects its own settings. After turning off the "Center ...", located in the "parameters", will issue a notification of the detected error.
- Through Winaero Tweaker.
- A way to disable auto updates through Winaero Tweaker:
- Go to Winaero.com;
- Install on PC full option or Portable Winaero Tweaker;
Open the tool and find in the window "Win Update Setting" phrase;
Activate "SET WIN UPDATE TO NOTIFY ONLY";
- Then "Disable Win Update Service".
- Through the settings of the update center
- How to independently do the deactivation of the reception of the novelties of software:
- A window appears under the name "Service" and the list;
- activate the "execute" window;
- All "services" will be displayed;
- Click on the found line once;
- In the General tab, the "Startup Type" line is activated "disabled";
- click on "stop" and "apply";
- go to the same window ("Properties: Center ...") in the "Login to System" tab;
- Mark the "Account" option and click on the "Review" once;
Select a user who does not have admin rights (can be "guest");
At the bottom under the option "With the account ..." to remove the values of the password and confirmation;
- Important! The proposed method is suitable for Window products "home", "professional" and "corporate". The user disables the center itself. However, the disconnected service after time can independently turn on. It is recommended to create a recovery point before applying this method.
- Disable a specific update
- Method helping to stop the reception of Windows innovations through Show or Hide Updates:
- Run on your PC downloaded utility;
- Select the "Hide Updates" option;
- A window with a list of innovations for Win 10 will appear;
- Select specific updates;
- wait for the completion of the diagnosis;
- At the end of the procedure, a list of packets will appear (which will not be updated).
- The method allowing to prohibit the auto installation of the latest versions of the drivers:
- activate "execute";
- Write: Rundll32 newdev.dll, DeviceInTernetSettingUI;
The "Installation Parameters ..." window opens;
on the offer "to download whether automatically drivers ..." answer "no ...";
- "Save" changes.
- Through the limit connection setting
- How to postpone updates for a while
- The method of suspending new software Win 10:
go to "Parameters";
"On" the option called "Suspend updates";
- The activation of this mode will suspend the reception of Updates for 35 days (after a month, deferred new items are loaded onto a PC).
- Through group policies
- How to fully block the appointment of software updates on the computer:
- Important! In the newest Windows products 10 in "Advanced Parameters", you can specify a specific date for installing updates. If you select "CURRENT BRANCH FOR BUSINESS", then the reception of the new products will be able to transfer to 365 days.
- An option to suspend innovations (through the "editor ..."):
- Activate the service "Perform";
- Through the "configuration ...", then "administrative ...", "components ...", "Center ...", "postpone ..." go to the "state";
- Find and activate: "Select when to receive a preliminary ...";
- will pop up the window to select the option;
Leave an option in "Inclusive" mode;
specify the level of the required readiness (as an option, semi-annual channel), the number of suspension days (for example, 365), the initial date;
Click on ok.
- How to delete installed updates
- If after installing some new software in the computer, there are malfunctions and malfunctions are observed, you can try to delete a specific item. All innovations installed on the PC are fixed as a list, at the top of which is the most freshest software.
- The method for removing the installed software (via "Parameters"):
- through the "Start" go to "Parameters";
- find "Update and Security";
- find the section "Management of Updates";
Open "View the magazine ...";
- At the top of the list of installed software, find the "Remove ..." option;
- Mark a specific line in the list of new products and "Delete";
- Removal method (through "Advanced Parameters"):
- Through the "Parameters" go to "Update ...";
- then from the "Restore" section, go to "Special download options";
- Activate "Reload Now";
- Immediately after restarting the PC will appear "Selection of action";
- Activate "Troubleshooting";
- find the section "Management of Updates";
go to "additional parameters";
- find "Delete recently installed ...";
- Select a novelty of software that needs to be deleted;
- Removal method (via the command line):
- activate the console on administrative rights;
- Previously, you need to know the number of the KV of the removed software;
perform "input" and act according to the prompts on the screen;
How to disable Windows 10 updates
& NBSP Windows | For beginners | programs
In this instruction, step by step describes how to disable automatic Windows 10 updates (i.e. update installation). At the beginning of the instructions - proven and currently working on updates, then additional options that may not be functioning to the present time.
By default, Windows 10 automatically checks the availability of the update, downloads and installs them, while turning off the updates has become more complicated than in previous versions of the operating system. Nevertheless, this is possible: using OS or third-party administration tools. In the instructions below - how to completely disable the system updates, if you need to disable the installation of a specific KB update and delete it, you will find the necessary information in the manual how to delete Windows 10 updates. See also: how to disable automatic driver update in Windows 10 .
In addition to the full shutdown of Windows 10 updates, the instructions are shown how to disable a specific update that causes problems, or, if necessary, "great update", such as Windows 10 20H2, 2004 May 2020 Update, Windows 10 1909, without turning off the installation of security updates . Also consider that there are separate Windows 10 update management programs that allow you to disable them automatically search for, downloading and installing, and if necessary, download the necessary manually.
Full windows 10 updates without turning off the update center (recommended method, work is checked in autumn-winter 2020)
This method I tested throughout November 2020 on Windows 10 last version, and it showed itself fully operational. The essence is to set up updates so that the systems use the local update server. At the same time, due to the actual absence of this server, the updates will not be loaded.
At the same time, the Windows update center service will continue to work (not loading the system), and no Microsoft servers will not be blocked: it can be useful for health and proper functioning of the remaining system components, setting some Microsoft development components, updates from Windows Store and other Tasks.
To disable Windows 10 updates to this method, create a REG file with the following contents:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate] "DoNotConnectToWindowsUpdateInternetLocations" = dword: 00000001 "UpdateServiceUrlAlternate" = "server.wsus" "WUServer" = "server.wsus" "WUStatusServer" = "server. WSUS "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ POLICIES \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate \ AU]" USEWUSERVER "= DWORD: 00000001
After that, "Run" the created file and agree with the addition of parameters in the registry. Immediately after that, without rebooting the computer, the updates will stop download and update.
Video with a demonstration of the method
To cancel the changes made:
The same update method is implemented in a free Winaero Tweaker utility.
How to disable Windows 10 automatic updates, but allow manual installation updates
With the release of new versions of Windows 10, many ways to disable updates have stopped working: Windows Update Center is turned on by itself, the lock in hosts does not work, tasks in the task scheduler are automatically activated over time, the registry parameters do not work for all OS editions.
However, a way to disable updates (in any case, their automatic search, download to a computer and installation) exists. The tasks of Windows 10 there is a task of Schedule Scan (in the UpdateRCHESTRATOR section, which, using the C: \ Windows \ System32 \ USOCLIENT.EXE system, regularly checks the availability of updates, and we can do it so that it does not work. At the same time, updating malware definitions for Windows Defender will continue to be installed automatically.
- Disable Schedule Scan task and automatic updates
- In order for the Schedule Scan job to stop working, and accordingly they stopped automatically checked and downloaded Windows 10 updates, you can establish a ban on reading and executing the USOClient.exe program, without which the task will not work.
The procedure will be as follows (to perform actions you must be an administrator in the system)Run the command prompt on behalf of the administrator. To do this, you can start typing the "command line" in the search for the taskbar, then right-click on the result found and select the "Startup from the administrator" item.
- In the command prompt, enter the command TAKEOWN / F C: \ Windows \ System32 \ usoclient.exe / a And press ENTER. Close the command prompt, go to the folder C: \ Windows \ System32 \
- and find a file there
- Click on it right mouse button and select "Properties".
- On the Safety tab, click the Edit button.
Alternately select each item in the "Group or Users" list and remove all the marks in the "Allow" column below.
Click OK and confirm the change in permissions.
Restart the computer.After that, Windows 10 updates will not be installed (and detected) automatically. However, if you wish, you can check the availability of updates and set them manually to "Parameters" - "Update and Security" - "Windows Update".
If you wish, you can return permissions to use the USOClient.exe file in the command prompt running on the name of the administrator:
ICAcls C: \ Windows \ System32 \ USOCLIENT.EXE / RESET
(However, permissions for TrustedInstaller will not be returned, as well as the owner of the file will not be changed).
Notes: Sometimes, when Windows 10 tries to contact the USOClient.exe file, you can get an error message "denied access". The steps described above 3-6 can be performed on the command line using ICACLS, but I recommend the visual path, since the list of groups and users with permissions can vary in the direction of OS updates (and in the command line you need to specify them manually).The comments offer another way that may be workable, did not personally checked:
There is another idea that automatically disables the Windows Update Center, which is the essence. Windows 10 includes Windows Update Himself, in Computer Management - Service Programs - View Events - Windows Logs - System, Displays Information about this, and it is indicated that the user itself has turned on the service (Aha, only turned off recently). Hood, there is an event, went further. Create a batch file that stops the service and changes the type of startup to "disable":
- Net Stop Wuauservsc Config Wuauserv Start = Disabled
- Hood, a batch file created.
Now create a task in computer management - Service Programs - Task Scheduler.
Triggers. Journal: System. Source: SERVICE CONTROL MANAGER.
Event ID: 7040. Actions. Launching our batch file.
The remaining settings at your discretion.
Also, if recently you have become forced to install an update assistant to the next version of Windows 10 and you need to stop it, pay attention to the new information in the "Disable update to Windows 10 and 1809" section below in this instruction. And one more note: if it does not manage to achieve the desired (and in 10-ke it becomes more difficult and more difficult), see comments on the instructions - there are also useful information and additional approaches.
Disable Windows 10 update center (updated so that it does not turn on automatically)
As you might notice, usually the update center turns on again, the registry key and task parameters The system also leads to the state you need, in such a way that the updates continue to download. However, there are ways to solve this problem, and this is a rare case when I recommend using a third-party. First of all, I recommend to try the program according to which I have a separate instruction - how to disable Windows 10 updates in Windows Update Blocker.
UpdatedisABler - a very effective method to completely disable updates
- Updatedisabler is a simple utility that allows you to easily completely disable Windows 10 updates and, perhaps, the current time is one of the most effective solutions.
- When installing, Updatedisabler creates and starts the service that does not allow Windows 10 to start downloading updates again, i.e. The desired result is achieved not by changing the registry settings or disabling the Windows 10 Update Service, which is then changed again the system itself, and constantly monitors the update tasks and the state of the update center and, if necessary, turns off immediately.
The process of disconnecting updates using UpdatedSaBler:
- Download the archive from https://winaero.com/download.php?view.1932 and unpack the computer. I do not recommend that desktop or document folder as a storage place, then we need to enter the path to the program file.
- Run the command prompt on behalf of the administrator (for this you can start typing "Command Line" in the search for the taskbar, then right-click on the result in the result and select the "Startup from the administrator" item) and enter the command consisting of the path to the Updaterdisabler file .exe and parameter -install, as the example below:
C: \ Windows \ Updaterdisabler \ updaterdisabler.exe -install
The Windows 10 update disable service will be installed and running, download will not be downloaded (including manually through the parameters), and their search will also be performed. Do not delete the program file, leave it in the same location, from where the installation was made.
If necessary, turn on updates again, use the same method, but specify -Remove as a parameter. At the moment, the utility works properly, and the operating system does not include automatic updates again.
Changing Windows Startup Settings Windows Update
This method is suitable not only for Windows 10 professional and corporate, but also for the home version (if you have Pro, I recommend using the Local Group Policy Editor, which is described below). It is in turning off the service center service.
- However, starting from version 1709, this method stopped working in the described form (the service is included with the time itself). 1. Keyboard shortcut Before using the method, I strongly recommend creating a system recovery point, according to some reviews in the comments, users cannot roll back the changes (the problem itself could not reproduce).
- After disconnecting the specified service, the OS will not automatically download updates and set them until you turn it on again. Recently, the Windows 10 update center has become turned on, but it can be accessed and disable it forever. To turn off, do the following steps.
- Press Win + R keys (Win - key with OS emblem), enter
- In the "Run" window and press ENTER. The "Services" window opens.
- Find in the Windows Update Service list (Windows Update), double-click on it.
- Click "Stop". Also set the "Run Type" field to "disabled", apply the settings.
If you leave it, then after a while the update center will turn on again. To do this, in the same window, after applying the parameters, go to the "Login to System" tab, select "With Account" and click "Overview".
In the next window, click "Advanced", then "Search" and in the list, select the user without administrator rights, for example, a built-in guest Guest.
In the Remove password and the password confirmation for the user (it does not have a password) and apply the settings.
Now the automatic update of the system will not happen: if necessary, you can simultaneously start the update center service and change the user from which the "with a system account" is started.
- Also, an instruction with additional ways is also available on the site (although the above must be enough): how to disable Windows 10 update center. Write a feature )
- How to disable Windows 10 automatic updates in the Local Group Policy Editor
- Disabling updates using the Local Group Policy Editor only works for Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise, but it is the most reliable way to perform the specified task. Steps:
Run the local group policy editor (press Win + R, enter
Go to "Computer Configuration" - "Administrative Templates" - "Windows components" - "Windows Update". Find the Automatic Update Setup item and click on it. In the Settings window, set "Disabled" so that Windows 10 never checked and has not installed the update. Close the editor, after which go to the system parameters and check the availability of updates (it is necessary that the changes take effect, report that sometimes it does not work immediately. At the same time, you will not be able to check the update when manual checking, but in the future you will automatically search and install will not be executed in the future ). "Check availability" The same action can be done using the registry editor (there will be no work in your home), for this in the section
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ POLICIES \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate \ AU
Create a DWORD parameter named
and value 1 (unit).
Using a limit connection to prevent installation updates
Note: Starting with Windows 10 "Update for Designers" in April 2017, the limit connection task will not block all updates, some will continue to download and set.
By default, Windows 10 does not upload updates automatically when using a limit connection. Thus, if you for your Wi-Fi, specify "set as a limit connection" (it will not work for the local network), it disable the installation of updates. The method also works for all Windows 10 editions.
- To do this, go to the parameters - Network and Internet - Wi-Fi, click on the name of the desired Wi-Fi network, and then in its parameters, turn on the "Set as a limit connection" item to the OS refer to this connection as the Internet with payment For traffic.
- Disabling the installation of a specific update
- In some cases, it may be necessary to disable the installation of a specific update, which leads to the improper operation of the system. To do this, you can use the official Microsoft Show OR Hide Updates utility (Show or Hide Updates):
- Load the utility from the page of the official website.
Run the utility, click Next, and then - Hide Updates.
Select updates that need to be disconnected.
Click Next and wait for the task completion.
- After that, the selected update will not be installed. If you decide to install it, start the utility and select Show Hidden Updates, then remove the update from the hidden.
- Disable update to Windows 10 new version
Recently, the update of Windows 10 components began to be installed on computers automatically regardless of the settings. There is the following way to disable it:
In the control panel - programs and components - view the installed updates, find and delete the updates KB4023814 and KB4023057 if they are present there.
Create the following REG file and make changes to the Windows 10 registry.
- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate] "DisableOSUpgrade" = dword: 00000001 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ WindowsStore] "DisableOSUpgrade" = dword: 00000001 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ currentversion \ windowsupdate \ osupgrade] "alowosupgrade" = DWORD: 00000000 "ReservationsSallowed" = DWORD: 00000000 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ SETUCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ SETUP \ UPGRADENTIFICATION] "UPGRADEAVABLE" = DWORD: 00000000
- Another method that is suitable for Windows 10 Pro is described in the instructions how to set the target (maximum) version of Windows 10 in the registry.
- In a short time, in the spring 2020, the next large update will begin to come to the computers - Windows 10 version 2004. If you do not want to install it, this can be done as follows:
Go to - Update and Security and click "Advanced Settings" in the Windows Update Center.
In the Advanced Parameters in the "Select when installing updates", set "Semi Annual Channel" or "Current Branch for Business" (Available to select the items depend on the version, the option will postpone the update setting for several months compared to the release date of the next update for simple users).
In the "Updating of Components, it includes ..." Set the maximum value - 365, it will postpone the update setting for another one year.
Despite the fact that this is not a complete shutdown of the update installation, most likely, the term per year will be quite enough.
There is another way to postpone the installation of updates of Windows 10 components - using the Local Group Policy Editor (only in Pro and Enterprise): Run the gpedit.msc, go to "Computer Configuration" section - "Administrative Templates" - "Windows components" - "Center Windows updates "-" postpone Windows updates ".
Double-click the "Select the Windows 10 components updates", set "Enabled", "Semi Annual Channel" or "Current Branch for Business" and 365 days.
Programs to disable Windows 10 updates
Immediately after the release of Windows 10, many programs appeared that allow you to turn off certain functions of the system (see, for example, an article about disabling the spying of Windows 10). There are those and to disable automatic updates.
Recommended by me Solution - O & O Shutup10. All that will be needed is to include two points in the program:
And, after applying the settings, restart the computer. You can download the utility from the official site https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10
Another program that currently working and does not contain anything unwanted (checked a portable version, you recommend that you also check on Virustotal) - free Win Updates Disabler, available for download on site2unblock.com.
After downloading the program, all that is required to be done is to mark the item "Disable Windows Updates" and click the "Apply Now" button (apply now). Administrator rights are required for work and, among other things, the program can disable Windows Defender and Firewall. The second in this kind - Windows Update Blocker, though this option is paid.
Suspend updates in Windows 10 parameters
In Windows 10 of the latest version, in the "Update and Security" options, the Windows Update Center - "Advanced Options" appeared a new item - "Suspension of updates".
When using the option, any updates will stop being installed for a period of 35 days. But there is one feature: after you turn it off, the download will automatically start and install all updates, and until this point, the re-suspension will not be possible.
How to disable the automatic installation of Windows 10 updates - Video instruction
Finally - video in which the methods described above prevent installation and download updates are clearly shown. I hope you were able to find ways suitable in your situation. If not - ask in the comments. Just in case, I note that disabling the system updates, especially if this licensed OS Windows 10 is not the best practice, do it only with the need.And what if it will be interesting: Important! The information in the article is provided only to familiarize themselves, in no case forcing unknowing actions that can lead to a breakdown of the computer. Read the article carefully, ask questions in the comments, I will try to help you with the appearance of difficulties.
Collected for you
All possible waysHow to disconnect the update in the Windows 10 operating system.
The article turned out to be the most detailed online, use the content of the article to quickly go to the desired section. Microsoft in the Win10 operating system gives us limited regulation capabilities, independent decision on installing dozens updates, the HOME edition will always be updated automatically, and in the Pro and Enterprise editor we have the opportunity only to postpone the installation of updates.For each user, Windows has ten, there are reasons for disabling updates, we will not paint in detail, but relying on your many years of experience in IT, my opinion will be as follows:
Finally - video in which the methods described above prevent installation and download updates are clearly shown. My opinion!
Updates must be installed in the case of critical faults of the functional of the current operating system. If a good antivirus is installed on the computer with constantly updated virus signatures and the operating system behaves in operation normally, updates can be neglected.
Now all major monopolists of software products are collecting the most detailed information about their users, referring to security and advertising prerequisites that should ultimately be useful to you. What hidden changes will be made to your system next time you will never say you.
Below the actions described, follow the carefully analyzing the consequences, the author of the article is not responsible if you break something 😉 Better ask the question in the comments, I will tell you the most optimal way. Turn off the Windows Update Center (# 1)
This method will work for all the revision of dozens.
The reliability of this method is not very high, the service responsible for the update is included independently, after a while. But in conjunction with other actions, this solution will definitely not be perfectly. The price of this method is shutdown by the Windows Update Center (Wuauserv), which is responsible for updating the system. We change the work of "service" On the keyboard, press the key combination Win + R. 1. Keyboard shortcut , Window opens and press Perform "I enter the team and click " Perform"
A window will open with a list of all installed system services. We find a string named " Windows Update Center Press double clicking the left mouse button. In the service properties window, you must make the following changes: »Type of launch - set the value " Disabled condition - Press the button " »Stop and press "So that the status of the service is changed to"
Finally - video in which the methods described above prevent installation and download updates are clearly shown. Click ""The changes will be applied instantly, no reboot of the computer is required. and click " On this, everything, the service is disabled Windows Update download / set should not be installed. Windows Update Center After this method, the Windows event log will appear warnings with an error code 0x80070422, you can not pay attention to them. To return the service " »To the working condition, you need change to " Perform
"And click the"
On the Internet, this method, many authors call a 100% option to disable updates, but I would not say that I didn't say that. From users of this method, I often hear that the service may turn on itself in a few days.Cunning Bat File To accurately secure themselves, you can make a cunning trick. Create a BAT file with the following contents: :: Change the service Type of startup to "disabled" SC Config "Wuauserv" start = disabled :: Stop the service Stop WuauserVexit
We place this file through
, With running in hidden mode, for example, every 10 minutes. If the service is in quiet run, no later than 10 minutes, it will be stopped by our task.
I will not reboot an article, information how to create a task in the scheduler. Soon I will prepare a separate article where all stages of preparation of such tasks for automation of processes are described in detail.
We recommend together with the disconnection of the service, additionally configure the operating system in other ways from this article. Disable updates using Group Policy (# 2) Perform
The reliability of this method is not very high, the service responsible for the update is included independently, after a while. But in conjunction with other actions, this solution will definitely not be perfectly. The price of this method is shutdown by the Windows Update Center (Wuauserv), which is responsible for updating the system. This method will only work on the editorial board of Windows 10 Pro (professional) or Enterprise (corporate), on the HOME edition (home) This method does not work. On the keyboard, press the key combination Run the snap " Write a feature Local Group Policy Editor and press Perform in the window " Disable updates using Group Policy (# 2) "We enter the command Click " In the window that opens " »Go to section" In the window that opens " Computer configuration In the window that opens " and click " "-" Administrative templates PerformWindows components Administrative templates "Find the item" Setting up automatic update Perform Click two times the left mouse button on our item, the window opens and press Perform
", Choose the item"
Disabled Apply the changes by pressing the button " Perform
Automatic checking, downloading and installing will be disconnected immediately, the computer is not required to restart. To cancel our actions, it is enough to choose the policy " Not specified
But be careful if you work in a domain environment, the domain administrator can override your local policy and configure this item at its discretion. If you are working at home, there is nothing to be afraid, the policy will not change independently.
The method is considered very reliable.
Turn off through the registry correction (# 3)This method works on any edition of the Win10 operating system.
Information!Be careful if you on the computer performed recommendations from
Fashion # 2.
The following actions in the registry will already be held. You can check and skip this way if you have the editorial office of Pro or Enterprise, and you have configured a group policy, but the HOME editorial users are required to read this instruction. Registry, it is a storehouse of useful information for fine configuration of any Microsoft operating system. In this method, I will show you how to change one parameter, prohibit Windows 10 update. But in conjunction with other actions, this solution will definitely not be perfectly. The price of this method is shutdown by the Windows Update Center (Wuauserv), which is responsible for updating the system. Run " On the keyboard, press the key combination Registry editor 1. Call the query execution window .Stop and press " On the keyboard, press the key combination You can check and skip this way if you have the editorial office of Pro or Enterprise, and you have configured a group policy, but the HOME editorial users are required to read this instruction. , in the window " OK. »We write a team "Window opens " Go to the next section 4. Add a new partition to the folder .Our task with you is to create in this folder, two new invested partitions and one string parameter. Create the first partition named HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ POLICIES \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate \ AUWindowsUpdate. And in it another section »As a result, we owe a new structure of sections, the following type: "Check availability" Create inside the last section a new parameter " Customize the suspension of updates DWORD parameter (32 bits) and press Perform With name
And we assign him hexadecimal "Check availability" , click " 0.As a result, we should get this picture in the registry:
To cancel our changes, the parameter
You need to put a value
This method is considered reliable, and what is the most useful it works on the editorial office of HOME.
Configure a limit connection (# 4) Suitable for all releases of the Windows 10 operating system. In the spring undertake, in April 2017, the Windows 10 operating system received a small change, it was possible to set a wireless connection of a limited connection feature, which should reduce the consumption of Internet traffic and partially disable OS update.
After reading the Internet, many authors write that this is a 100% way to disable updates. But I tell you the truth, The method is considered not reliablebecause The operating system will still download the most critical PAP corrections that need it for stable operation.
The transition to the next major release of the OS considers it critical and this method will not work. Forced download and installing updates will occur, and this is the amount of data into several gigabytes of incoming traffic and a huge bunch of different settings. In this way, I will show you a publicly available setting option and a small undocumented trick with a wired connection, it is not possible to make it limited by default, and we will do it. Edit WiFi Connection Click on the keyboard the key combination Win + I. Window opens Perform Options ", Go to section" Perform Network and Internet Choose the section " Perform
Click on the name of the wireless network to which we are connected, and activate the item "
Set as a limit connection
If you connect to different WiFi networks, it is necessary to carry out this setting for each network. But in conjunction with other actions, this solution will definitely not be perfectly. The price of this method is shutdown by the Windows Update Center (Wuauserv), which is responsible for updating the system. Edit wired connection 1. Call the query execution window And now I will show you a non-documented method, to assign a limited connection on a wired connection. and press Perform Run the registry editor on the keyboard click We enter the command , presses " Go to section HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ NetworkList \ DefaultMediacList 2We must parameter Ethernet
Set value , then the wired connection will be considered limited, and the relevant rules restricting the Internet traffic will be overlapped. »But there is a small problem, just so change the parameter, we cannot, due to the limitations of the rights to this section of the registry. When trying to make changes to the parameter, we will receive a message: " Error changing the parameter - failed to change "Ethernet". Error when recording a new parameter value.
To overcome this error, we must give one's full rights On the registry branch, and become its owner. Press the right mouse button by registry PerformDefaultMediacost. and in the context menu choose the item " Perform Permissions ... In the window that opens, go over the button " Additionally In line Perform Owner Click the link " Change and press Perform In the window that opens, enter the name of our user, under which we entered the system, and press the button " Check names "Must define the user's name correctly (it will be emphasized), click" In the window Additional security settings and press Perform
, activate the item " Replace the owner of subspeters and objects "And click" In the window " Permissions for group and press Perform ", Choose the group" Go to section Administrators 2."And we provide this group full rights by selecting the appropriate checkbox, click"
Now we have rights to change the parameter "
"And specify it
After these change, the wired connection will be considered limited and Internet traffic will be spent more economical and partially work Windows Update will be suspended.
Finally - video in which the methods described above prevent installation and download updates are clearly shown. Disable update using special software products (# 5)The method works on all the releases of the Windows 10 operating system.
This method is here for the completeness of the picture, I recommend using it in the most extreme case.
These programs are created by third-party developers, the code of programs is closed, we do not know what other changes will make a program to work our system. This method is here for the completeness of the picture, I recommend using it in the most extreme case. Before starting the program, I recommend checking the distribution with a reliable antivirus, or through the Virustotal website.
Win Updates Disable
First program - - developer site http://www.site2unblock.com The program is simple, multi paternal, Russian is also present. The program can be downloaded as an installer for periodic use or version of Portable to use without installation. The program has a bothery, when started, pay attention to this. In the program window, we are only interested in one item, on the " Disable ", Activate the item" Disable Windows Update "Disable Windows Updates) and press the button" Apply now "(Apply NOW). The program will notify us about the successful application of settings and prompt to restart the computer. To cancel the changes, you need to go to the " Enable
Windows Update Blocker
"And activate the item" Windows Update Blocker Enable Windows updates
", Apply settings and restart the computer. Second program - - developer site http://www.sordum.org The program makes a simple shutdown of the service, which we wrote in the # 1 method. We launch the program, select the item " Perform Disable Service. "And press the button" Apply Now.
Service " WindoIws Update Center "Will be disabled.
The program developer recommends activating the item "
PROTECT SERVICE SETTINGS. The program developer recommends activating the item " "To prevent uncontrolled change in service, but there are no details that this item does.
Windows 10 Update Disabler
Third program - - http://winaero.com/download.php?view.1932 The most implanted program from all that was found by me on the Internet. Download the archive with the program. From the directory with the program, run the command line with the administrator rights, enter the command .Updaterdisabler -install
ENTER The program makes the installation of a new service that is constantly running and blocks the system updates, some undocumented method using system calls for the operating system.
Additionally, the program locks the start of all tasks from the task scheduler that is responsible for updating the operating system. What we will write in the # 8 method.
You can cancel the changes by running the command on the command prompt
Updaterdisabler -Remove. Show Hidden Updates. The fourth program is released while starting dozens when Microsoft allowed the update to hide. Go to the official website of Microsoft for the program distribution - https://support.microsoft.com/ru-ru/kb/3073930 Run the program (file with the extension of DiagCab), click " Further »"To start scanning. Show Hidden Updates. PerformAt the end of the scan, click " Hide Updates. Additionally, the program locks the start of all tasks from the task scheduler that is responsible for updating the operating system. What we will write in the # 8 method. Select in the update list you want to hide and not install, click " Show Hidden Updates. »Diagnostics ends, a list of updates will be displayed that will no longer be displayed in the update list for installation.
In order to return hidden positions. Run the program, after scanning, select the item "
"The list of all hidden updates will be displayed, remove the daws from the updates that we plan to put in the future, press" In order to return hidden positions. Run the program, after scanning, select the item " We receive confirmation of our actions, close the window.
WINAERO TWEAKER Last on our list Software Product - Perform - developer site https://winaero.com When you start the program, you can make it install or unpack a portable version. The program has a lot of settings, we are interested in the section " Windows Update Settings Press alternately on the buttons " SET Windows Update To Notify Only
"To receive only update notifications and"
Disable Windows Update Service
»To disable the update center service.
Configure Windows Updates (# 6)The following actions in the registry will already be held. Click on the keyboard the key combination This method will work only on the editors of Pro and Enterprise, the method does not work in the HOME edition. In this way, I will show you a publicly available setting option and a small undocumented trick with a wired connection, it is not possible to make it limited by default, and we will do it. The following procedure will allow you to configure the update for our tasks, the method does not fit if we want to completely disable updates. But to limit the automatic operation of the operating system to install updates, this will help, unfortunately only for a short time. For example, you are leaving to rest and you need a stable computer work away from home. Critical changes in the operating system, as we all know can affect the steady operation of the OS, not to experience unnecessary problems with the computer, we recommend additionally implement the instructions from this method. Perform ", On the keyboard, press the keyboard shortcut Go to the section " Perform
But be careful if you work in a domain environment, the domain administrator can override your local policy and configure this item at its discretion. If you are working at home, there is nothing to be afraid, the policy will not change independently. Update and security
Go to the section "
Extra options Each release of the Microsoft operating system makes a minor change in the setup items, so do not be surprised if certain parameters will not be on your version. I tried to describe the settings variation, based on all existing releases of the operating system. Block the installation of corrections for third-party products.
Remove the tick from the point "
When updating Windows, provide updates for other Microsoft products " In order not to receive updates from different products, such as Office, Xbox, Skype, etc. Suspend updates, configure the section Previously, in the releases there was an opportunity to put a tick " Postpone updates
"Now it is renamed in the last release.
Suspend updates "The activation of this paragraph will allow you to suspend updates to the maximum of 35 days. After expiration, you will need to start checking and installing updates, and only then it will be possible to activate this item again for 35 days. Select when installing an update In the last OS release, it has the opportunity to choose when installing updates. We select " CURRENT BRANCH FOR BUSINESS ", Changes for business come later than on home computers with a more thorough check of errors. Additionally transfer the installation of component updates for the maximum time .
. And correcting the improvement of the security system for the maximum term
, activate the item " On the keyboard, press the key combination Registry editor Write a feature 30 days Disable updates using Group Policy (# 2) Setting through GPO. Click " In the window that opens " »Go to section" In the window that opens " Computer configuration In the window that opens " and click " In the window that opens " The last item of this method can be done through the local group policy editor. Perform , in the window that opens " »Go to the section" PerformPostpone Windows updates Select the property of the item " Select when you want to update Windows 10 components "The activation of this paragraph will allow you to suspend updates to the maximum of 35 days. After expiration, you will need to start checking and installing updates, and only then it will be possible to activate this item again for 35 days. By activating the policy by selecting the item " In the last OS release, it has the opportunity to choose when installing updates. We select " .
", The level of readiness of the branch put in"
"And postpone on Block P2P Distribution of updates »The top ten added Windows Update Delivery Optimization (Wudo) technology, works on the BitTorrent P2P protocol principle - after downloading updates files, the computer allows you to download them to other Internet users, which unloads the Microsoft server and makes the update process decentralized. To accidentally do not spend experiencing Internet traffic, go to the item " Select how and when to receive updates
Update from several places "Must be turned off. Forbid to restart the computer Let's go back to the main page " Perform Windows Update Center "Let's go to the section" Restart Parameters
Activate the item "
Show more notifications
"Thereby prohibit the operating system to automatically restart the computer after installing updates.
Turn off automatic repair of drivers device in the Windows 10 operating system (# 7) But in conjunction with other actions, this solution will definitely not be perfectly. The price of this method is shutdown by the Windows Update Center (Wuauserv), which is responsible for updating the system. The way will work on all versions of the Windows 10 operating system. On the keyboard, press the key combination The top ten allows you to search for updates for a variety of devices of your computer, in semi-automatic mode. To avoid this, we need in the installation settings of the devices to prohibit an automatic update of new versions of the drivers. 2. In this window, you must enter a function. Combination of keys and press »in the window " , open the window " »We write the following command
«Click " »Installation settings Devices "To the question: Download automatically manufacturer applications and configurable icons available for your devices? Choosing an item " Perform No (the device can work incorrectly »Press the button" Save In the early releases of the OS, this window looks a little differently, choose " No, provide the opportunity to choose Choosing an item " »", And"
Never install drivers from Windows Update
" Apply the settings by pressing the button "
This setting prohibits Microsoft to refer to update verification for devices drivers.
Turn off updates via the task scheduler (# 8) In the Windows operating system, the automation of many processes is most often carried out through the task scheduler (SHEDULER TASK) and it would be very strange if Microsoft did not use it for the objectives of the operating system. The following method will show how to disable the four tasks of the planner associated with the OS update. But in conjunction with other actions, this solution will definitely not be perfectly. The price of this method is shutdown by the Windows Update Center (Wuauserv), which is responsible for updating the system. Run " On the keyboard, press the key combination Registry editor Run Local Group Policy Editor and press Perform Task Manager , on the keyboard click the combination of buttons In the window that opens " Taskschd.msc. In the window that opens " In the opening window that opens, go to the section: " In the window that opens " Job Planner Library PerformMicrosoft.
- Windows Windows Update.
- On the right side of the window, we see four tasks: Automatic App Update.
- - Automatically updates the Windows Store Applications.; Scheduled Start.
- - This task is used to start the Windows Update Service when you want to perform scheduled operations, such as checks.; Sih.
- This daily task launches the SIH client that detects and corrects the system components that are important to automatically update the Windows operating system and Microsoft software installed on the computer;
SihBoot. The program is simple, multi paternal, Russian is also present. The program can be downloaded as an installer for periodic use or version of Portable to use without installation. - Performs the same actions as the previous task. Setting up automatic update Perform Our task disable them all so that the processes associated with the update are not started.
Alternately on each task you press the right mouse button and select the item "
"So that in all four tasks the state item has taken the value" After the actions done, the application will be updated in the Windows store, the service center service will stop running when it needs to be scheduled operations. The tasks that detect and correct the system components that are important for automatic updates are stopped. Block the installation using PowerShell (# 9)
To work with updates via PS, we will need a module
- (Windows Update PowerShell Module) which can be downloaded from Microsoft repository - https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/
Download the archive, unpack in any of the following directories: % UserProfile% \ Documents \ WindowsPowerShell \ Modules % Windir% \ System32 \ WindowsPowerShell \ v1.0 \ modules
- Run PowerShell Console with administrator rights and import the command module Import-Module PSWindowsUpdate
- . For work with updates, we will use the following commands: Get-WULIST.
- - get a list of available updates; Hide-wuupdate.
- hide positions according to certain criteria, name, KB number or by type;
Get-wuinstall Run PowerShell Console with administrator rights and import the command module .
- Starts checking and installing updates (except hidden). Examples of PS commands .
Withdraw a complete list of refresher updates Hide around the header team .
Hide-wuupdate -title 'realt *' Hide the following team by KB number .
Hide-wuupdate -kbarticleid kb982861 H.
Hide by type, such as drivers
Hide-Wuupdate -UpdateType Driver
Note after executing the command, the STATUS column adds a sign
I hope the article was useful to you, I recommend adding it to bookmarks and share with friends. I will try to keep the most pressing information on this page.
Thank you for attention!
In contact with
The timely update of Windows 10 is the key to its safety and stable operation, but this is only one side of the coin. The problem is that the tenth version of the operating system is not particularly interested in the user's opinion regarding the installation of updates. If in the old systems 7 and 8.1, their receipt could be disabled a pair of clicks, then in Windows 10, the corresponding options are deleted, and the update procedure is almost done in the compulsory mode, which, of course, cannot but cause protest from the user side. This material is devoted to how to disable the automatic update of Windows 10.
But why disable Windows 10 update? This may have a lot of reasons: someone liked the used assembly and he does not want to go to a new one, someone wants to protect himself from the effects of bugs, often found in new assemblies, someone has a compatibility problem with a set of software set and etc. Alternative ways to disable the automatic update of Windows 10 completely and always exist, however, Microsoft, in turn, is making methods to combat them, so the method that successfully operates in one version may be invalid to another.
Disable updates in Windows 10 2004 (2020) At the time of writing this manual, Windows 10 2004 is the most recent steady assembly, therefore the focus will be paid to it, as new releases are released, recommendations will be updated on solving this topical problem. , Disable Windows 10 update in Group Policy Editor A simple and affordable way that does not require rough interference in the OS and the installation of third-party applications. Changing the appropriate policy prevents the launch of the Windows 10 automatic update procedure by transferring it to the manual mode. It will only be used by users of editing Win 10 Pro. Enterprise or Education. because in the editorial HOME
Write a featureGPedit. is absent ;
- Open the Local Group Policy Editor with the Team Administrative templates And follow the chain Setting up automatic update Local Computer> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Windows Update Center
- In the right column, find policies "
", Double-click, open its properties and set the radio button to the" ": Saving settings, restart the PC.
Center of Updates You will see a notice of limiting rights from some of your organization, it is completely normal. But if you try to update manually, Windows will check the availability of packages, will load and install them if they are available as you can see from this screenshot. и O & O Shutup10 This portable program is intended to manage a multitude of not too obvious configurations, including the functionality of the built-in
- Defender Center of Updates Perform
- . Let's look at how to disable Windows 10 updates on a laptop or desktop PC with its help. Everything is very simple.
- Run the instrument with administrator rights, scroll down to the block " Windows update management Using a switch lever, activate the collapsed settings collapsed. This is the main thing, you can additionally deactivate updating applications through the loading of packets by P2P technology:
Complete the application, click " Job Planner Library Yes
»To confirm the introduction of a change and agree on a reboot. .
And checking the presence of the latest updates, you will get an error, in addition, the specified message will appear at the top of the window, which is a consequence of the work of the utility. Download the O & O Shutup10 program here. Wu10man.
Another utility that will allow you to get rid of yourself from the annoying service from Microsoft. Free, there is an ordinary and portable version. Run the tool and set the settings on the " Windows Services. »As demonstrated in the screenshot and reboot. The result of the utility should be an error in the update center.
This is enough to block the operation of the update center, however it will be not bad if on the tab "
Windows Update Blocker
Hosts File »You will additionally make blocking entries to the HOSTS file, but since in Windows 10 2004, the change in this configuration file is perceived as a threat, before switching the levers on the screenshot applied above, the position will have to abandon the use of the defender or make Hosts in its exception. Download Wu10man.
- A simple and effective tool from the Sordum developer, which makes it possible to prohibit Windows 10 updates. The program disables the service update procedure responsible for the initiation procedure Wuauserv And other with her related processes. And that is very important, the utility does not allow them to turn on automatically, protecting their own settings. Runing the utility, turn on the radio button " Disable service "And, making sure that the option" Protect service settings
- On the Safety tab, click the Edit button.
»Marked by a check mark, click" »You will additionally make blocking entries to the HOSTS file, but since in Windows 10 2004, the change in this configuration file is perceived as a threat, before switching the levers on the screenshot applied above, the position will have to abandon the use of the defender or make Hosts in its exception. , Apply , ", After that, the green status icon will change its appearance and will become red: и Check for Windows Update, which from nowing should issue errors. Additionally go through the menu in the utility settings and make sure that the service Dosvc. Waasmedicsvc. Usosvc.
Marked with red icons. Service.
Disable optional. »You will additionally make blocking entries to the HOSTS file, but since in Windows 10 2004, the change in this configuration file is perceived as a threat, before switching the levers on the screenshot applied above, the position will have to abandon the use of the defender or make Hosts in its exception. Download Windows Update Blocker
- Kill-Update - the simplest free utility blocking the work of the main service . More precisely, it does not block, and checks its condition every 10 seconds and, if it is active, immediately turns off. Call it with a system tray menu and tick the Bunch option "Locked":
In order not to run the utility every time, add it to the startup option "
Load At Startup.
You must run the utility required on behalf of the administrator, otherwise the blocking option will be unavailable.
- Download Kill-Update
- An excellent effect showed another reception, which made it possible to completely disable Windows 10 updates - configuring the portable utility from the Greatis Software developer, changing the keys of the system registry. An algorithm of actions such: Remove from the downloaded archive and run the executable file Stopupdates10.exe
- In the window that opens, click "
Stop Windows Updates!
Close the dialog box that appears with additional offers, complete the work of the utility itself and reboot.
- Download StopupDates10. Wau Manager. The portable utility is used to control the update procedure in Windows 10, offering multiple search and installation modes, including Microsoft drivers and built-in software. Additionally, the program is supported viewing and deleting updates. There is also an update disable option.
- Run the utility and tick checkbox " Disable The Built-in Windows Automatic Updates and Use Only Wau Manager ";
Save and Apply "And reboot. Download Wau Manager
Note: Disable updates in the editor
Windows 10 2004 Home
You can any of the designated utilities, for example, with this task, WU10Man is perfectly coping with this task. Changing the rights of the Softwaredistribution folder at NTFS
- The method is rough and top, but quite worker. The essence of it is to pick up the rights to the folder In the opening window that opens, go to the section: " SoftWaredistribution.
- which Windows 10 folds packets and with which the update service is closely connected. Go to the system directory , Open the properties of the specified folder: and in the context menu choose the item " Stopupdates10.exe
- Switch to the " Security " and press " In the emerging interface of the dialog box, you will need to click " Stopupdates10.exe
- Change permissions
", and then "
Disable inheritance .
Delete all inherited permissions in the dialog box that appears, save all settings and restart the computer.
Now neither you nor the system will be able to write anything to this folder. The operation of the update service will also be broken and if you look at its status, you will find that it cannot start, and when trying to start it, it is forcibly issued an error with the code
Disable updates in Windows 10 1903-1909
- In the assemblies of OS 2019, Microsoft has improved the protection against arbitrary disabling the update function by users, so the methods listed for assemblies 1803-1809 may not function or give a temporary effect.
- Run the utility and tick checkbox " ", Activate the item" Win Updates Disabler.
One of the most common tools that allows you to block upgrades, a protector and a network screen.
The program developer recommends activating the item "
Run the utility and install in the appropriate check mark:
- "And agree to the reboot.
Use the designated means is permissible and in release 2004, but the likely probability is that after a certain period of time, deactivated services start again.:
- Another effective portable utility from Winaero developer, which allows you to disable Windows 10 updates to the PC by creating an alternative service that constantly follows that the update center cannot start independently. This is its main advantage over other utilities, one-time changing policies or registry keys. Since Windows 10 Update Disabler is a console, we will work with it through the command line.
By connecting the archive with the utility, throw its executable file to convenience to the folder.
System32. Download the archive with the program. From the directory with the program, run the command line with the administrator rights, enter the command :
Open with elevated privileges CMD Console or PowerShell, enter C: \ Windows \ System32> UpdaterDisabler.exe -Install and press
As a result, in the task manager, you will have a new background process. Update Disabler.
to disable which the same command will need to be executed, but with the key
-Remove. Click on the keyboard the key combination Perform
- . The utility does not protect from the launch of checking the availability of updates in manual mode. It is also noteworthy that it can be launched in the assembly of 1809.
- Wumgr Special utility to ensure the most complete control over the update procedure. Allows you to choose, download, view, install and delete update packages. Also, thanks to her, you can stop installing updates and even hide the appropriate subsection in the application " Unpack the archive with the utility from Run it executable file; In the right column, switch to the "tab" Auto update "And turn on the radio button" The portable utility is used to control the update procedure in Windows 10, offering multiple search and installation modes, including Microsoft drivers and built-in software. Additionally, the program is supported viewing and deleting updates. There is also an update disable option.
- Disable update
" Optionally, you can disable file receiving through "
Write a feature;
- Give agreement to reboot the computer. Delay of the update procedure for the year Stopupdates10.exe
- Unlike the above options, this method does not prevent the transition to a new assembly, but only suspends the automatic receipt of updates for already installed components for 1 year. As a radical method, it is not necessary to consider it, if your goal is to unambiguously prevent the download of updates, it makes no sense to resort to it. A method is available only in the pro and above.
The path to the section you need is listed on the screenshot, on the right, select the policy "
When to receive preliminary assemblies ...
Set the settings, as shown in the second screenshot, only the start time of the suspension specify your own.
Disable updates in Windows 10 1803-1809
Since Microsoft has already managed to do significant work on the elimination of loopholes, so the methods described below can work incorrectly depending on the composition of the assembly of the system in which you work. Check the result of the application of the method and, if it is not working, prefer tools oriented to the latest version of the system. Disable Schedule Scan in the scheduler
Use the designated means is permissible and in release 2004, but the likely probability is that after a certain period of time, deactivated services start again. The method is based on the binding of access to the system file.
- Usoclient.exe. in catalog :
- responsible for regular start-up search for updates. Go to the system directory Stopupdates10.exe
- Perform a command shell in an open command-shown in the screenshot command, having received the right to file Usoclient Go to the directory containing this file (see above) and open its properties on the "
Choose one after another top down each item in the block " Groups and users "And remove all permissions for them, and then save the settings and reboot.
- It will not be able to run this file that it does not prevent you from performing the search and installation of packets of updates in manual mode. The method does not affect the built-in protector signatures.
1. Keyboard shortcutDisable Wuauserv service More reliable than the previous way consisting in the forced stop of the update service with the submenu of the user's system. It is noteworthy that in Windows 1709, the reception worked without a user substitution. + REnter and click " The portable utility is used to control the update procedure in Windows 10, offering multiple search and installation modes, including Microsoft drivers and built-in software. Additionally, the program is supported viewing and deleting updates. There is also an update disable option.
- In the dialog box In the service properties window, you must make the following changes: , Open the properties of the specified folder: Disabled WIN.
- Open the Services Management Console and find it (it is usually at the bottom of the list) service " Opening its properties, start type, select " " Apply Settings: Swiss in the same properties window to the tab " Login to the system
", Activate the radio button";
- With an account
"And enter on the left side of the view button
.\The guest Perform
Start the password and confirm it, save the settings and reboot.
Now the service should not be launched independently. If you check the availability of updates manually, you should get a mistake "Some problems arose ... Code
0x80070422. "Check availability" Application of Twee Registry You can disable Windows 10 update through the registry, but you should not rely too much on this method, since Microsoft quickly closes the available loopholes. In order to save your time, we offer to use a ready-made registry twek (NO1). Download it by reference and run by completing confirmation confirmation: But the REG file looks from the inside. Tweak creates a specified key with two parameters
(with value 1) and
(with a value 2).
- In Windows 10 1803, the use of tweak disabled the automatic execution of procedures, and in Windows 10 1809 led to an error in the operation of the update service itself. If your system configuration is different from ours (installed Microsoft patches, etc.), you may have a result. Delay update for year и Alternatively, you can try to postpone with the transition to a new assembly, but this is not the most optimal solution. To get started, go through the standard control panel in the installed updates section and get rid of the patches with the numbers
- KB4023057. Go to the section " If they are there:
- Then apply this TDC registry (NO2): Go to Windows Update and click the link " If they are there:
Scrolling a page slightly down, specify in the block "Select when installing updates" setting "
Semi Annual Channel
Postulate the procedure for the longer time, and this should be 365 days.